Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Great site for Indian recipes…

I have to declare I have found a great site for recipes, even for routine cooking. I used to depend on Mr Sanjeev Kapoor for parties and pot lucks. I am on of those who never present the same food to the same guests ever! It’s not for them, It’s for me! I get bored of eating the same standard paneer butter masala, or daal makhanis that people generally bring to potlucks.

Ok the site is www.vahrevah.com. The chef is Mr Sanjay Thumma.

It is a very popular site among the South Indians here in the US. But I think the chef is too good a treasure to be restricted to one set of people. His USP is that his recipes turn out exactly the way he says it will. Somehow he makes the cooking method very very easy and his ingredients are always there at home. Nothing out of the world for which you have to go hunting through the supermarkets. That was one of the problems I found when I used to try Mr Kapoor’s recipes.

My recommended recipes: Chicken Tikka, Chicken Butter Masala, Veg Biryani…try it!

2 comments:

  1. hmmm and chicken sheekh kabab too...probably one of the simplest i have seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Swagata - I am definitely going to try this...I hate going to supermarkets and trying to find exotic sounding ingredients.......thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers