Sunday, December 26, 2010

New York….An empire state of mind…

This Christmas I was quite determined to be in New York City…I have been to NYC before, also on Christmas. Trodded down to Rockefeller Centre and through TimesSquare. It is always electric.

This time I wanted to see the Holiday Lights. Its akin to visiting various Durga Puja / Ganesh Pandals in India to see what decorations each community has come up with. And they outdo themselves each year.

So New York it was on Christmas Eve.

Of course it might have been better at St Patrick’s cathedral. But I hear its months and months of waiting to simply get a ticket. So we had to simply drive past it.

St Patricks Cathedral Picture Source: www.trekexchange.com

This city is so alive and vibrant. And crowded You see people of so many colors, and countries, you had start wondering at God’s creativity or should I say Nature!

I wish I could add Alicia Keys/JayZ hommage to NYC “Empire State of Mind” as a background.

To quote from their song:

New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There’s nothing you can’t do
Now you’re in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Hear it for New York

I will let the pics do the rest of the talking…Pardon the injustice, my camera is old. Bish took very few pics from his hifi cam.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers