Monday, September 19, 2011

Long lost friends....

I know I have spoken about friends a few times here. I even went so far as to list some of my best friends. But on this crisp autumn morning after having spoken to my dad's best friend's son, my heart is warm again.

The fire of friendship kept even the second generation warm together. I suppose I owe this to my dad. He by example taught me to choose friends wisely. Not for convenience sake, nor for status. But a simple connection. Of hearts. His friendship has endured even 6 years after his death. Quite a legacy!

I have learnt well. Not everyone is a friend. Not everyone is welcome to my house. But those who are, reign my heart. Knowing and understanding the true nature of my parents and brother (all of whom now reside in the heavens), I have always considered my house my temple.

I have stayed in an extremely small apartment measuring 180 sq ft to a large bungalow. Yet the atmosphere not the size determined its sanctity.

In such hallowed circumstances, God has blessed me with some of the highest examples of humanity as my friends. I may not call them often or keep in touch with most. But please know that you are always in my thoughts. And am always thanking God for the privilege of knowing you. This time there is no list. For those who are special don't need to be told.

9 comments:

  1. awesome Swagata....there are very few people who can put their thoughts into words so well and you are one of them!! you write so well that at times I think you are writing what I have on my mind...... yes true friendship is very sacred and very few people understand that..... I learnt it a very hard way and now I know clearly who are friends and who are acquaintances......

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well written.. and i know its very heartfelt..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supriya Utage GanigerSeptember 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM

    toooo good swags.....as i always say"blog queen"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written! I miss you a lot! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u everyone!t Yes it was heartfelt....the heart that knows friendship knows true happiness
    San: it is so true we identify our true friends only thru trial by fire....sometimes we get burnt but a few times it's a nice fire in the fireplace spreading warmth and light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved every word of it... Swags .. U must be aptly called the "Blog Queen"..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks kash but I think we all have this gift of expression...some choose words others thru dance etc... The reason y these words find resonance is bcoz we all have similar feelings and emotions....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swags I am touched by the words. This life is worth living only because of our family & few good friends - so we must treasure what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. truly even I can't write something on my mind in words and u put it down so aptly :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers