Friday, January 16, 2009

My first topic for my very own blog? Cat got my..pen.!?

Now that my better half (I dispute the "better" part of the half, but thats another blog) has created a blog for me, I am at a loss..What or who should i spew my venom on? What should I write on?

The inhuman, despicable massacre in Mumbai's landmark or the greater tragedy of the city's admisnistrative eunuchs. Or the strange case of weird killings of get this - only Andhra guys & gals - mainly students, in the US. So far 8....Why only Andhra people? Why no other community from the Indian diaspora in US of A?

My meandering mind suggests the possibility of internal Andhra border political killings spilling over the States shores. Can it possible that some political wannabe is destrying the next generation opponent in foreign shores and getting away with it.

However, My dont-be-an-alarmist side says possibly and more probably US is full of Andhra students rather than the "moneybhais and bens" I had assumed. I mean the enterprising Gujjus ofcourse.

I havent met a single Gujju yet, except behind a counter. Though I havent yet gone a-visiting New Jersey, an Indian stronghold. People say the streets are exactly like India's, full of food stalls, shops and bad drivers. Americans snigger at even the Deptt of Motor Vehicle in NJ. Wonder who mans the counter at DMV? Us "garibs" or them "goras".

To be fair, I havent spent time enough in USA. Only a ayear and that spent mainly indoors or instores. Not being a student is a major disadvantage. Not being employed is even worse. I dont get a chance to interact with them Amrikis, nor they get a chance to meet a modern, progressive not money nor career minded Indian. Other delicious adjectives come to mind, but dont want to start a war of words with people who know me :) But yeah, I am nosey as hell....

My experience so far tells me US is better than UK in a zillion ways. There is a huge debate on whether it is better than India. All NRIs with a stay span of 2-5 yrs find US better. NRIs with 10 yrs plus prefer India. NRIs beyond couldnt care less where they stay as long as they can get their Americanised kids to talk to them.

I guess I will discuss (with who???? I wonder) the merits and demerits from a worldly wise point of view next blog..Ciao!!

2 comments:

  1. hey good beginning though a bit wordy...i too have been meaning to blog but never got around to it. of course my blog is not meant to be any intellectual assessment of events or any grey cell related matter, it will be more to vent my spleen at life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wordy bcoz i hardly ever get to speak to anyone of anything noteworthy these days, hey where else can i talk without interruption?...but i am not even pretending its an intellectual writeup..more like taking out my ire at the world in general.

    ReplyDelete

Followers