Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why blog? Why now?

Everyone who is anyone, is blogging. Everyone who is not anyone, is also burning the e-world with random thoughts. So here! I splashed right in.

This is a world where anyone can put in a word (more would be welcome, funny would be appreciated), But be warned...this is dueling place. My main opponent being some Telugu character I have never met, called Sarath Pendalaya, who tries his inept hand at belling the CAT and succeeds 95% of the time. Besides the bells, Finance, sports, & journalism interest him. Talk about having all the time in the world. He also pretends he is half my age and double my brains. A laughable ambition, I say...

But who am I? You may call me a nerd (judging by my heavy glasses). Nopeeeee...I am just a detective fiction aficionado in love with Sherlock Holmes (the one played be Jeremy Brett only). My mission is to read the entire series of any detective character I like. Having finished with Sir Doyle's and Dame Christie's work, I am in an undesirable position of looking out for new characters, who can stimulate the grey cells & the old heart.

So here goes an attempt to electronically settle duels!. The rest of the world can take sides, oppose, depose or go fly.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Swagata for this endeavor. The color is impressive but should admit that content is far more aggresive than what the pink portrays.

    Poor Sarath, must now be making his gameplan for the duel.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I loved your attitude towards blogging..... Congrats for starting your blog..... hope to read more about your take on world issues!! aha this reminds me that one of my friend created a blog for me and am yet to visit that....... will do that now....thanks and keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!I told u to go back to ur cooking and not try ur hand at writing. And I also told u I am an ace proofreader and can find mistakes as soon as I look at a sentence...so here goes nothing....

    First word in itself has a mistake!!!Need one say more?

    But still, 'cos u have nothing to do at home but this, let me list the errors.....maybe u will correct urself, or maybe u won't, but I just can't stand bad english....

    I warned u a long time ago...always be careful when u r talking about my name, my language or my country...my name is Sarath Pendyala...not Pendalya...and neither is my hand inept...I am highly qualified and highly competent...nerds would not know that....

    Nope has only one 'e'...not two...and neither can a character be played BE someone...it is played BY someone....correct these mistakes and send it again...then I'll bother to read the other one....

    So long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear god...i have trouble on my hands....instead of focusing on the bigger issues this nitwit is commenting on non-issues...

    if u ever handle a kid for more than 24 hours u will know that raising a kid is the toughest job on hand..Inspite of a 4 yr old (she turned 4 yday) and a busy life, i managed 2 blogs..and all u can talk abt is spellings.?!

    i am not writing for an english exam..besides u will get the job of a proof reader when i try to get my book published. i get abt 10 mins to check mails, write blogs, read news etc..so get used to typos or quit the job as my opponent..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, swags....And I cudn't agree more with you about a certain Mr. Sastry. The least you'd expect out of the character would a more open and honest profile which seems to be just as insignificant and non-existant :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Mr. Sastry, that should have been non-existent, just incase you lose sleep over it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers